Herbed Beef Tenderloin and TERRE di San Leonardo
Herbed Beef Tenderloin and Field Greens paired with Terre di San Leonardo. Located in the Vallagarina, San Leonardo benefits from a temperate climate thanks to the Ora del Garda wind. San Leonardo, conceived under the supervision of the acclaimed enologist Giacomo Tachis is crafted today by the renowned enologist Carlo Ferrini.
- 2 to 2.5 lb of beef
- 1/2 lb bacon, cut into thin slices
- 6 oz dry white wine
- sage, rosemary, thyme
- salt and pepper
- pink peppercorns
- Chop sage, rosemary and thyme. Salt and pepper the tenderloin, then turn it over in the chopped herbs so that it is completely covered.
- Lay the slices of bacon a little bunched on a sheet of parchment paper. Lay the fillet on the bacon and with the help of the parchment paper, wrap it and tie it with string on the parchment paper.
- Put the rapped meat in a saucepan with just a dash of olive oil and bake in the oven at 230 degrees for 20 min. Then add the white wine and cook for another 5 min.
- Remove the meat from the oven and before you discard the parchment paper, let stand a few minutes.
As a side, prepare a salad of field greens and seasonal edible flowers.
About the wine:
Terre di San Leonardo is a youthful interpretation of the unique San Leonardo conceived by Giacomo Tachis and crafted today by renowned enologist Carlo Ferrini. Classic Bordeaux style blend, Terre retraces the terroir path of its sibling San Leonardo, matching its intensity and refined elegance. Great when paired with rice and pasta in tomato or meat sauces, with filled pasta, as well as grilled meats, poultry, white meats and soft cheeses. The wine is Imported in the USA by Vias Imports Ltd., and available in most States and now in the Hudson Valley.
About me: My name is Raffaele De Gennaro and I work as a wine consultant for Vias Imports, in the Hudson Valley area and sell Tenuta San Leonardo’s wines to Restaurants and Liquor stores. If you can’t find Tenuta San Leonardo in your wine shop, just have the Restaurateur or Liquor Store contact me via email: email@example.com